Thursday, February 25, 2010

back to bed

if you are in one of the many states in the midst of this winter weather, you probably wish you were lounging around at home in cozy clothes sipping the warm beverage of your choice. me too! these bedroom photos which i've had bookmarked for a while make me want to just curl up this morning.

i love the mix of patterns and textures in each room - they all play with color and shape in interesting ways, and in all cases, it makes for a very layered and the coziest kind of cozy imaginable.

my favorite source for patterned bedding is anthropologie, by far. and i can say from my own personal experience, their quilts are incredibly soft and comfortable.

we have this one, and i still love it as much as i did five years ago when i got it. and while we're on the topic, check out this incredible balinese style duvet.


it was actually these photos, and other ones like them, that made me change my bedroom plan from blacks, whites, grays and silvers to a much warmer, multi-colored look which is just so much more me. so i'm back to the anthro quilt and am in the process of adding pillowcases and blankets in different patterns to get this pieced together look, and i couldn't be happier about it.

what elements do you think make a cozy bed and bedroom?

top photo from country living, 2nd photo from apartment therapy, 3rd and 4th photos designed by david prince via real simple, last photo designed by lucas allen via real simple.

1 comment:

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

Oh so cozy! I want to go back to bed! I think it's all about super-soft linens, lots of blankets, and as many fluffy pillows as you can stand! A good mix-and-match of prints and colors never hurts either! Great post! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin