Thursday, April 29, 2010

the luckiest

mitchell and i realized something really great recently and here it is...between the two of us, we've been to 25 weddings (some together, some apart). of those marriages, 21 are still together. that's 84%.

now resist the urge to explain it away (we're young and in another ten years, etc..) - some of the 25 weddings were almost 30 years ago, and the ages of the brides and grooms have varied significantly.

join me in just appreciating the simplicity and hopefullness of that ratio. it makes me think of this song (video is unrelated) which made me cry on the train by myself a few sundays ago (piano just kills me).

picture from the essential man

2 comments:

jackie fo said...

These are so sweet! I almost cried, seriously. I love the first one and the last one the most.

Maria said...

So sweet,and so hopeful. I appreciate this because I believe in true love. Thanks for sharing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin